Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fishtail



Mmmm... rayon. I always thought it was overrated until I picked up a luscious skein at the Blue Moon Fiber Arts de-stashing sale. It is beautiful, drapey, and just a joy to work with.

I apologize for the crappy photos, my digital camera appears to be on its way out. I tried a bunch of different lighting methods, but camera just refuses to pick up all the wonderful colors in this yarn. Oh well, you're all here for the pattern anyway, not to hear me gush about yarn, right?

I thought a simple chevron would best show off the magnificent colorway, and I really like the way it turned out.



Materials:
1 skein Kork by Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Size 8 Needles

Terms:
kfb: Knit into the front and back of the stitch
K2tog: Knit two stitches together.
ssk: Slip two stitches together (as if to k2tog) from the left needle to the right. Place both stitches back on the left hand needle and knit them together.

Pattern:

Cast on 20 stitches.

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: k2tog, k7, kfb, kfb, k7, ssk
Row 4: purl
Row 5: k2tog, k7, kfb, kfb, k7, ssk
Row 6: purl
Row 7: k2tog, k7, kfb, kfb, k7, ssk
Row 8: purl

Repeat these 8 rows until the scarf is as long as you want it. Knit two more rows. Bind off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, my little girl is into scarves at this moment and this is the "ONE"

Sisterly Knits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sisterly Knits said...

O_O That is BEAUTIFUL!!