Monday, April 23, 2007

Muddy Waters

This super-simple scarf uses a classic ripple pattern to show off this beautiful self-striping yarn.

Materials:
Size 10.5 needles
JoAnn Sensations Casual Boucle color #1132 Aqua-Brown

Gauge:
About 3 stitches per inch

Terms:
K2tog - Knit two stitches together
M1 - Make one stitch

Pattern:

Cast on 36

Rows 1-3: Knit
Row 4: (K2tog) 3 times, (K1, M1) 6 times, (K2tog) 6 times, (K1, M1) 6 times, (K2tog) 3 times

Repeat rows 1-4 until scarf is as long as you want. Knit 3 more rows, then bind off. I got about 5.5 feet of scarf from one skein of Casual Boucle.



7 comments:

Alexis said...

Pretty colors!

-Alexis

Holly said...

I love the colors of that scarf, it kind of looks like it's been snowed on. :)

Anonymous said...

I make this scarf using Red Heart Yarn Brown/Blue and it turned out beautifully. Thank you so much for developing this pattern.

rogerdoger5985 said...

I just found this pattern and I was just wondering if there was any place in which I could buy this yarn

Orange Fish said...

The yarn was made exclusively for Joann Fabrics several years ago. I have no idea if they still make it. You might be able to find some on the de-stashing group on Ravelry if it is no longer being produced.

Cean said...

I made one of these and it turned out great......my son really likes it and so do some of his co-workers. One even asked how much I would charge to make her one....but, I know sometimes it is not legal to sell items made from someone else's pattern - at least not without permission - so, I am wondering if it is okay to sell items made from your patterns?

Cean said...

that last comment was and error......sorry